Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Rape of a friendship


Rape of a friendship

With trust in your words I allowed you to kiss me.
You told me that you've changed.
I believed in the way that you said it could be,
but you have left me here ashamed.

I knew about the drugs and booze
I knew how you got drunk in town.
I trusted your ability to choose
and change your life around.

Your folks' marriage was a disaster
You were the ball that they played
We were gonna spend the ever after
You were just looking to get laid.

You penetrated my existence with your need
With me the willing succumbor to your heed.
I was gonnna make a home and you were gonna stay
Instead you got a fancy car and sped away.

I allowed you in where none had tread
never considering your presence there a threat.
Where once there was trust is now a big gape.
What you've done with my friendship is what I call RAPE.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)
'n Oorspronklike gedig deur Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abuse

How cold the steel of the blade, how warm my body’s embrace How hard the knuckle of the fist, how soft the surface of my skin Ho...