Search This Blog

Monday 10 July 2017

Dave's story


Dave's story

Dave once overheard a rumour
that to score a girl you had to have humour.
He thought about it for quite a while,
before he made it his new style.

He visited Nella on a neighbouring farm
where he first tested his newfound charm.
He arrived there covered from head to foot
in the burnt-out ashes of a chimney's soot.

Despite the fact that he was riding a bull
that snorted and grunted, he retained his cool.
He said he would have arrived there faster,
only the bull proved to be his own master.

"On the way over I made a bet
with a tiny little man whom I've never met.
He said if I could ride his bull,
that I could have it plus some wool.

"I instantly accepted his proposition
and that's how I came to this condition.
I clambered upon this here bull's back
and started it off with a great big whack.

"The strangest things you've ever heard,
are the events that followed when that occurred.
The bull gave a jolt and we were off
leaving completely behind us the little dwarf.

"Well, I rode this bull for a full hour
when suddenly it stopped at a beautiful flower.
I plucked a petal from this rose,
my truelove over here to shows.

"But as I stooped, a blinding light
momentarily robbed me of my sight.
This here bull must have had a fright,
'cause it ran away in a terrible flight.

"We came to stop in a burned out shed,
which would explain the colour of my head.
In this shed I found a thing
most suitable my love to bring.

"This here bull is for your Paw
and this here wool is for your Maw.
But the thing that I for my love bring,
is this here beautiful wedding ring.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)
'n Oorspronklike gedig deur Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abuse

How cold the steel of the blade, how warm my body’s embrace How hard the knuckle of the fist, how soft the surface of my skin Ho...