Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Boyhood kisses


Little boy blue, barely seven,
custom made for me in heaven,
you came down from way above
to fill my world with endless love.
You shower me with hugs and kisses,
fill my ears with childhood wishes
of things that thunder, roar and race
at your endless fully throttled pace.

In the early morning when I awake,
I find my parlour filled with cake
made from mud and slime and reeds,
and my clean floors covered in weeds.
But when I want to shout and scream,
I look into your eyes to find the dream
with which you made this treasured art,
to reach your mommy’s loving heart.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).
'n Oorspronklike gedig deur Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abuse

How cold the steel of the blade, how warm my body’s embrace How hard the knuckle of the fist, how soft the surface of my skin Ho...